We have put together an overview of SCI management, tracking the journey from acute care to the key rehabilitation processes and interventions continuing towards longer term challenges with spinal cord injury. Various topics presented by subject experts encouraging active interaction. Key best practise messages will be summarised to give you more confidence in dealing with Spinal Cord injured Clients and provide appropriate care.
Who will benefit?
– Rehabilitation medicine trainees
– Allied health and Nursing professionals
– Specialists & GPs wanting to brush up & update their knowledge in SCI care.
– ASIA assessment
– Acute surgical and medical management
– Bladder and bowel issues
– Skin and pressure area
– SCI & Pain
– Sexuality and fertility
– Multidisciplinary team roles
– Wheelchair and equipment
– Vocation and return to work
– Patient perspectives
– Case discussions
Venue: Your favourite Couch with your Laptop
Date: 8th Sept – 10th Sept 2022
Time: AEST – Thurs-Fri- 8:30-5:30, Sat- 8:30-1:00pm
Cost: Trainees/Allied Health/Nursing – A$440 (SESLHD Staff-A$165) Medical Specialists – A$605
A secure link along with eHandbook will be sent to the candidates in the prior weeks with some pre reading information.