ISCoS Podcast: What Really Matters, Feb 2021
Episodes 1 & 2
ISCoS released their podcast last year, premiering in June 2020 with a two-part discussion entitled “COVID-19: Current knowledge and best practices for an SCI-panel discussion with a multidisciplinary view”.
Joining then ISCoS President and podcast host, Dr Harvinder Chhabra (India), were James Middleton (Australia), Carlotte Kiekens (Italy), Francois Theron (South Africa), Lizzie Thomas-Davies (UK) and Ian Benson (UK).
While the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic has increased since the episodes were recorded, and knowledge around how COVID affects people with SCI has improved, there’s still opportunity to learn from the discussion. It may help reflect on your own experiences, how things have changed over the past six months and how you’ve had to adapt with the ever-changing landscape.
Episode one addresses questions like
– Are SCI more vulnerable to COVID-19 as compared to healthy able-bodied individuals? If so, why?
– Are management principles of SCI during the pandemic different?
– How is Acute Care of SCI during pandemic different?
Episode two carries on the discussion, asking the following questions:
– How is rehabilitation management of SCI during the pandemic different?
– What issues, challenges or barriers are you currently experiencing in your organization/region regarding preparedness to manage people with Spinal Cord Injury and COVID 19?
– What awareness and prevention strategies for COVID 19 are you advocating for people with SCI in your region?
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org or any questions or topic suggestions you may have for future podcast episode